If you are unable to find your preferred booking time/date please contact the restaurant directly on 01277 365578 ext 1. Please note we do not accept children under the age of 10.
On Sunday lunch times we offer a traditional Sunday Roast as well as our full A la Carte menu
We hope you have all kept well in these challenging times. Following government guidelines, we have worked hard to get the new restaurant structure ready for your arrival. Our main priority is to keep you and our staff safe during the fight with Covid-19. We are very much looking forward to seeing you and providing the reputed Smiths experience. However, there are a few changes that we have had to make so please bear with us.
- If you or any other members of your party are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms before your reservation please let us know straight away, you will not be penalised for cancellation.
- If there are other customers at the front desk please wait until they have moved away before entering the restaurant.
- As much as we would like to stand, chat and catch up with you I’m afraid we have to keep contact to a minimum.
- Where possible we ask that you place your overcoat on the back of your chairs.
- Our upstairs bar will not be re-opening as of yet therefore please arrive at the restaurant at the time of your reservation. However, we will have our normal bar and cocktail menu for you to enjoy at your table.
- A gentle reminder we are only allowed to accept reservations for no more than 6 people from 1 household.
We will endeavour to make your experience with us as pleasant and enjoyable as it always has been. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.
The Smiths Team
About Smith’s of Ongar
Smith’s of Ongar established in 1958 provides fresh, sustainable seafood that is famed throughout the South East.
With a warm, welcoming fire, exposed brickwork and a cozy upstairs bar along with attentive staff, we have the perfect ingredients for a meal beyond compare.
Front of house staff at Smith’s are trained to the highest level with regular taster days of food and wine, as well as cocktail training from award winning mixologist Alex Turner.
Exclusively to Smith’s of Ongar is our own brand of Bitter and Ale, made in conjunction with Brentwood Brewery adding to the already unique experience that is Smith’s.
If you love good food, you’ll love Smith’s.
Tuesday – Thursday: Lunch: 12 (noon) -3.00pm (kitchen last orders) 4.30pm (close)
Dinner: 6.00pm – 8:30pm (kitchen last orders) 10.00pm (close)
Friday: Lunch: 12 (noon) -2:30pm (kitchen last orders) 4.00pm (close)
Dinner: 5.30pm – 8:30pm (kitchen last orders) 10:00pm (close)
Saturday: 12 (noon) – 8:30pm (kitchen last orders) 10:00pm (close)
Sunday: Lunch 12.00pm (noon) -5.30pm (kitchen last orders) 7.30pm (close)