We are heavily led by reservations, and you will work closely with the management team on a daily basis. This role requires flexibility, forward thinking and the ability to manage requests, table turns, answering the telephone, being organised and VERY friendly and hospitable! You will be the first and last impression when greeting guests and wishing them a fond farewell. You will be immaculate in presentation and always welcoming.
OpenTable Experience is ESSENTIAL as well as FLUENT ENGLISH.
Experience working in a similar environment is desirable.
We are looking for a full-time Kitchen Porter to strengthen our established team in our high volume kitchen.
The ideal candidate will be willing to learn new things and have a positive attitude.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collect and wash up pots and pans.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storeroom organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
- In addition to keeping the kitchen sparkling clean, kitchen porters can be involved in some food preparation.
- In return we offer very competitive rates of pay as well as the opportunity to progress. Live in also available.
Chef de Partie
We are looking for an ambitious CDP to strengthen our established team. This position of Chef de Partie is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to work for one of the South East’s best restaurants. This will provide the opportunity to take their culinary skills and experience to the next level. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years experience working at Chef De Partie level working with fresh and seasonal produce and the ability to work well in a team
Full time Waiters/Waitresses
Smiths of Ongar is recruiting fun, engaging Floor staff to join the team. As a Waiter/Waitress at Smiths you will be an important part of the team supporting the Floor Manager throughout service.
You will be required to:
- Seat guests
- Take orders for food and drinks
- Serving the dishes to the table
- Have a varied food and wine knowledge coupled with a “hands on” approach.
We are ideally looking for candidates with a minimum of 1 years experience in a high volume restaurant. Previous experience with a similar cuisine will be beneficial, however not necessary.
As our Waiter/Waitress, you will be friendly, outgoing and willing to go above and beyond for our guests and also your team to ensure that each service runs like clockwork. Candidates should deliver exceptional customer service and be proud of doing so. The ideal candidate will be driven, show initiative and excellent personal grooming.