Smith’s of Ongar – Reopening Statement
Dear all customers,
We hope you have all kept well in these challenging times.
We are now reopen. Please be assured Smiths is compliant with all government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
Our phone lines are now open from 10am to 4pm on Monday to Fridays and from 10am to 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Our new opening times can be viewed here
Our set lunch menu runs from Tuesday to Friday.
Our set evening menu runs from Tuesday to Thursday.
The maximum table size we can currently accommodate is a table of 6.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and we will have details about the reopening of Smith’s of Wapping available shortly.
Eat Out to Help Out during August
During August the Government are running the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ campaign to help restaurants recover from the financial impact of the forced closure resulting from COVID-19. Between Monday and Wednesday every week throughout this August, each person dining at Smith’s can get £10 off their meal cost. The offer does not include alcoholic beverages and can’t be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts. Bear in mind there is no limit on how many times you use this offer throughout August. Why not reserve a table an enjoy Smith’s at a discounted cost?
Seafood Stand Re-opened on Friday 31st July
We now have a new permanent location to the rear of the car park at Smiths of Ongar. We look forward to welcoming you back. You can now pre-order online via the link below or visit us on Friday, Saturday and Sundays to purchase directly.
* Smith’s is compliant with all government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
No food to be consumed on the premises – takeaway only.View Menu / Pre Order
Following government guidelines, we are working hard to get the new restaurant structure ready for your arrival. Our main priority is to keep you and our staff safe during the fight with Covid-19. We are very much looking forward to seeing you and providing the reputed Smiths experience. However, there are a few changes that we have had to make so please bear with us.
- If you or any other members of your party are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms before your reservation please let us know straight away, you will not be penalised for cancellation.
- If there are other customers at the front desk please wait until they have moved away before entering the restaurant.
- As much as we would like to stand, chat and catch up with you I’m afraid we have to keep contact to a minimum.
- Where possible we ask that you place your overcoat on the back of your chairs.
- Our upstairs bar will not be re-opening as of yet therefore please arrive at the restaurant at the time of your reservation. However, we will have our normal bar and cocktail menu for you to enjoy at your table.
- A gentle reminder we are only allowed to accept reservations for no more than 6 people from 2 households.
- We will endeavour to make your experience with us as pleasant and enjoyable as it always has been. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.
The Smiths Team
Wapping Take Away Service
We are now offering a take away service at Smith’s Wapping (for collection only) during our usual opening hours. Pre orders are welcome although not essential. Orders can be placed by telephone 020 7488 3456Wapping Takeaway Menu
Haven House Children’s Hospice
Smith’s are a proud member of the 100 club supporting Haven House Children’s Hospice. Hundreds of families rely on Haven House who give family support, physical therapy, play activities for children and a range of day and overnight stays.
Haven’s work with children with life-limiting and life threatening conditions relies on donations and Smith’s and the 100 club are dedicated towards raising funds throughout the year for them.