Smith’s of Ongar – Reopening Statement
Dear all customers,
We hope you have all kept well in these challenging times.
We are re-opening our Ongar restaurant from Saturday 4th July In the evening. Please be assured Smiths is compliant with all government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
Our phone lines are now open from 10am to 4pm on Monday to Fridays and from 10am to 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Our new opening times can be viewed here
Our set lunch menu runs from Tuesday to Friday.
Our set evening menu runs from Tuesday to Thursday.
The maximum table size we can currently accommodate is a table of 8 during the week and a table of 6 on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and we will have details about the reopening of Smith’s of Wapping available shortly.
Seafood Stand to Temporarily Close
Due to the reopening of the restaurant and the overwhelming success of the seafood stand, we are undergoing renovations to accommodate both businesses. Due to this we are going to have to temporarily close the seafood stand. We will announce an opening day shortly. Thank you for all your continued support and we will see you in a few weeks.
Smith’s of Ongar Seafood Stand Menu
Following government guidelines, we are working hard to get the new restaurant structure ready for your arrival. Our main priority is to keep you and our staff safe during the fight with Covid-19. We are very much looking forward to seeing you and providing the reputed Smiths experience. However, there are a few changes that we have had to make so please bear with us.
- If you or any other members of your party are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms before your reservation please let us know straight away, you will not be penalised for cancellation.
- If there are other customers at the front desk please wait until they have moved away before entering the restaurant.
- As much as we would like to stand, chat and catch up with you I’m afraid we have to keep contact to a minimum.
- Where possible we ask that you place your overcoat on the back of your chairs.
- Our upstairs bar will not be re-opening as of yet therefore please arrive at the restaurant at the time of your reservation. However, we will have our normal bar and cocktail menu for you to enjoy at your table.
- A gentle reminder we are only allowed to accept reservations for no more than 6 people from 2 households.
- We will endeavour to make your experience with us as pleasant and enjoyable as it always has been. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.
The Smiths Team
Haven House Children’s Hospice
Smith’s are a proud member of the 100 club supporting Haven House Children’s Hospice. Hundreds of families rely on Haven House who give family support, physical therapy, play activities for children and a range of day and overnight stays.
Haven’s work with children with life-limiting and life threatening conditions relies on donations and Smith’s and the 100 club are dedicated towards raising funds throughout the year for them.